Visa Pricing Table
How to use the Visa Pricing Table
The Visa Pricing Table enables you to determine the amount of the first instalment of the Visa Application Charge payable when making your visa application.
Some visas also include a second instalment of the Visa Application Charge which is due before the visa grant. Please refer to relevant notes under each visa pricing table.
For applicants whose visa requires them to be sponsored or nominated, their sponsor or nominator may also be required to pay certain fees.
The Visa Pricing Table is divided into categories that correspond to what you plan to do in Australia. For example, if you want to visit Australia, you will find the fees and charges for those visas listed under the ‘Visit’ category. If you want to study, then the fees and charges for those visas will be listed under the ‘Study’ category.
The categories defined in the Visa Pricing Table are Visit, Study, Work, Live and Other. If you cannot locate your visa in the above categories, you may wish to check additional information contained in the Repealed or Closed Visas section.
To determine the amount of the first instalment of the Visa Application Charge payable you will need to know the following information:
• the subclass of the visa you are applying for
• the visa stream you are applying for (if that visa has streams)
• if you currently hold, or have previously held, a visa, the visa subclass
• the number of additional applicants applying with you in a combined visa application, who will be 18 years or over at the time of lodgement of your application
• the number of additional applicants applying with you in a combined visa application, who will be under 18 years at the time of lodgement of your application
• whether you intend to lodge an Internet application (if available for your visa) and whether the non-Internet application charge applies to your visa
• where you will be at the time of making your application; in Australia or outside Australia
• whether the subsequent temporary application charge applies to your visa application and how many applicants applying at the same time are liable for this charge.
You also will need to check if any Visa Application Charge exemptions apply in your circumstances.
Once you have collected the above information you will be able to calculate fees and charges you are required to pay in order to lodge your visa application.
For the pricing table, download Australian DIAC Visa Fees September 2013