Information for Students from Singapore
Australia is a safe, friendly and harmonious country. As one of the most multicultural countries in the world, Australia is accepting of all religions. In Australia you will enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world. Living costs and tuition fees are affordable and comparable to the United Kingdom and United States. You can even offset your living costs with part-time work while you study. Accurate up-to-date information on the Australian Education System; Education and Training Providers in Australia; living in Australia, the cost of living, accommodation, lifestyle, culture. There are thousands of courses on offer. Upon graduation, your qualification will make you highly sought after by Australian and International Employers. Australia’s natural beauty is one of its biggest attractions.
Australian Embassy in Singapore:
Australian High Commission
25 Napier Road
Some Australian Student Visa options:-
- 417 Working Holiday
- 462 Work and Holiday
- 476 Skilled Recognised Graduate
- 570 Independent ELICOS Sector
- 571 Schools Sector
- 572 Vocational Education and Training Sector
- 573 Higher Education Sector
- 574 Masters and Doctorate Sector
- 575 Non-award Foundation/Other Sector
- 580 Student Guardian
If you would like up-to-date information
on the following:
- Study in Australia
- Moving to Australia
- Work in Australia
- Universities in Australia
- Education Australia
- Schools in Australia
- Courses Australia
- Study English
Students with Permission to Work
You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week when your course is in session and
Dependent family members with Permission to work
You can work a maximum of 20 hours per week throughout the year
There are Visas that allow overseas students who have completed their course studies in Australia to apply for Permanent Residency and Australian Citizenship:-
- Skilled Independent (Residence) Visa (Subclass 885)
- Skilled Sponsored (Residence) Visa (Subclass 886)
- Skilled Regional (Residence) Visa (Subclass 887)
- Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 487)
- Skilled Graduate (Temporary) Visa (Subclass 485)
Leave a Reply
Australian Visa News
- “‘They’re not flipping burgers’: Universities cry foul over axing of 457 visas”
- “HR, coders and manufacturing: The occupations most affected by 457 visa changes”
- Panel Beater- Inner West Sydney
- Australian Immigration Visas Health Insurance Information – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)
- New Australian Student Visas information – Student Visa Financial Capacity Requirements
Migration Visa Additional Requirements
Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance © immi.gov.au
In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.
It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.
If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting www.mara.com.au or phoning 1300 22 62 72.
What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?
Unregistered people could:
What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?
Registered migration agents are required to:
Reporting unregistered people
If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.
You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623
Based on 24 ratings