Study in

Australia is a safe, friendly and harmonious country. As one of the most multicultural countries in the world, Australia is accepting of all religions. In Australia you will enjoy one of the highest standards of living in the world. Living costs and tuition fees are affordable and comparable to the United Kingdom and United States. You can even offset your living costs with part-time work while you study. Accurate up-to-date information on the Australian Education System; Education and Training Providers in Australia; living in Australia, the cost of living, accommodation, lifestyle, culture. There are thousands of courses on offer. Upon graduation, your qualification will make you highly sought after by Australian and International Employers. Australia’s natural beauty is one of its biggest attractions.

This visa is for students who want to come to Australia to study at a registered education institution.

What this visa lets you do

  • You can study a CRICOS registered full-time course in Australia.
  • Eligible family members can accompany you to Australia.

Before you apply

Before you apply for this visa, you must have:

  • been accepted to study full-time at an educational institution in Australia
  • organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.

How long this visa lasts

This visa allows you to stay in Australia for the duration of your course.

​Duration of course ​Duration of visa
​Longer than 10 months and finishing at the end of the Australian academic year (November – December) ​Your visa will usually be granted to March 15 of the following year.
Longer than 10 months (finishing January – October)​ ​Your visa will usually be granted for two months longer than the duration of your course.
​10 months or less ​Your visa will usually be granted for one month longer than the duration of your course.

Global visa processing times

Stream ​75 per cent of applications processed ​90 per cent of applications processed
​Independent ELICOS Sector 49 days ​61 days
​Schools Sector ​30 days ​79 days
​Vocational Education and Training Sector ​26 days ​58 days
​Higher Education Sector ​21 days 37 days
​Postgraduate Research Sector 59 days ​87 days
​Non-Award Sector ​24 days ​54 days
​Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector ​15 days ​32 days

Last updated 13 April 2017 (for month ending 31 March 2017)



  1. amritpal singh   |  Monday, 27 June 2016 at 8:06 am

    schooling visa for 6+ child

  2. Roshan Sharma   |  Sunday, 18 September 2016 at 9:11 am

    I am Roshan Sharma from Nepal. I m thinking to apply the visa for MPA in Australia.
    So provide me your kind information for the process where as In case of IELTS marks is available.

    Thanking for yr kind information.

  3. Sekou   |  Saturday, 11 March 2017 at 5:48 pm

    Dear Sir/Madam.
    I am student from Guinea and I will like to continued forward my study in
    AUSTRILIA so there I am asking for help to provide me with more information
    How can applied and get this student Visa.
    Thank you.

Leave a Reply


Australia Job Search

Main Menu

Site Search

Migration Visa Additional Requirements

Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance ©


In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.

It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.

If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting or phoning 1300 22 62 72.

What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?

Unregistered people could:

  • be unaware of current legislation and procedures
  • provide incorrect advice
  • take advantage of clients
  • make false claims regarding your chance of success
  • be breaking the law by providing immigration assistance.

What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?

Registered migration agents are required to:

  • have a sound knowledge of migration law and practice
  • abide by a Code of Conduct
  • have appropriate insurance
  • pass character tests—including criminal history checks
  • be assessed before providing immigration assistance.

Reporting unregistered people

If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.

You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623

Australian Immigration Visas
Level 5 Toowong Towers
9 Sherwood Road
Toowong, Brisbane, Queensland
Phone/Text +61(0)413124717
Customer Rating :9 / 10
Based on
24 ratings

IRMAP - Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice ProfessionIRMAP - Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice Profession

Migration Agents Code of ConductMigration Agents Code of Conduct

Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS 2.1 Click here for the RSS feed from Australian Immigration Visas RSS feed from Australian Immigration Visas

© Copyright 2008-2017 Australian Immigration Visas. All rights reserved.