General Skilled Migration Visa
If you successfully applied for this visa class, this can help for you to be granted a Migrant visa. In order to apply for this visa, there are basic requirements:
Age: The applicant must be under 45 years of age upon applying.
English language: The applicant must be able to speak competently in the English language when working in Australia.
Qualifications: Applicants must have at least post-secondary (such as university or trade) qualifications, or a substantial relevant work experience. Applicants must get his skills assessed by a relevant Australian assessing body.
Occupation: You must nominate a skilled occupation which fits your skills and qualifications. The nominated occupation must be in the Migration Occupations in Demand List (MODL).
Recent Work Experience: The applicant must have at least 12 months of experience in the skilled occupation.
Points Test: This purpose is to test the applicant to ensure whether he/she possess the skills necessary to quickly enter the Australian workforce.
Points are awarded for:
- Skill (range between 40-60 points depending on the nominated occupation).
- Age (the younger you are the more points you will be awarded – between 15 to 30 points).
- English language ability (competent English 20 points/vocational English 15 points).
- Specific work experience (between 5 or 10 points available).
- Occupation in demand. There are certain occupations/specializations that are in demand in Australia. These occupations/skills are listed on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- Australian qualifications. Applicants with Australian qualifications may have a greater chance of employment in Australia. (Extra points are available to applicants who hold Australian qualifications – 5, 10 or 15 points available. Applicants who can claim points for Australian qualifications may also be eligible to claim 5 points if they lived and studied for at least two years in regional Australia.)
- Spouse skills. An extra 5 points may be awarded if your spouse also satisfies the basic requirements of age, English language ability, qualifications, nominated occupation and recent work experience and has obtained suitable skills assessment from the relevant assessing authority for their nominated occupation.
Australia Skilled Migration – Designated Area Sponsored: If the applicant or his spouse has a relative living permanently in Australia, it may qualify for skilled migration even if the applicant does not pass the points test.
Leave a Reply
Australian Visa News
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship VAC Visa Application Charges July 2012 Form 990i
- Australian immigration changes lead to fast tracked visa process for thousands of applicants
- Australian Embassy Consulate Migration Student Visas Applications
- DIAC – Department of Immigration & Citizenship – Australian Visa Processing Time Service Standards
- Fact Sheet – Stage One Implementation of the Knight Review Changes to the Student Visa Program
Migration Visa Additional Requirements
Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance © immi.gov.au
In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.
It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.
If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting www.mara.com.au or phoning 1300 22 62 72.
What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?
Unregistered people could:
What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?
Registered migration agents are required to:
Reporting unregistered people
If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.
You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623