Family Migration Visa

If you have a family or relative living in Australia, they may be able to sponsor you for a migration visa or permanent residence under these Family Sponsorship Visa’s sub-classes:

Partner Migration

Study in Australia, aspiring migrants may be sponsored by their family in Australia under Family Migration Visa

If you are married to, intend to marry or living in a de-facto relationship with an Australian citizen that is a permanent resident in Australia, your partner may sponsor you for permanent residence visa in Australia.

If applying for a de-facto visa, Australian immigration will have to probe deeper into the account of your relationship with your partner, but as long as you’re not telling lies, it should be ok. The requirement is that you and your boyfriend/girlfriend have lived together in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months before making your visa application. You must also show that you are in a genuine and continuing relationship, and there is mutual commitment between you both.

If your partner is travelling to Australia to marry you, but you are not married at the moment, then you need to apply for the Fiancé (Prospective Marriage Partner) visa. If you are in a same sex relationship (gay marriage), or in a relationship that is domestic but not intimate, then you should find out more about the Interdependent Partner Migration visa.

Skilled Australian Sponsored Visas

If you have relatives living in Australia, this will enhance the chances of qualifying for skilled migration. Applicants must be under 45 years old, and has to be a manager, professional, associate professional or tradesperson to qualify.

Parent Visas

This enables parents with children who are Australian citizens or permanent residents to be sponsored for migration to Australia. This visa applies while the parent is in Australia. Eligibility depends on how many children the applicant has, and how many of them are living permanently in Australia.


  1. kim   |  Tuesday, 21 January 2014 at 12:23 am

    I want to know if how much cost to get partner visa here in Australia and what I needed to apply for

  2. Petrit Zhurka   |  Monday, 24 March 2014 at 5:09 pm

    Hello i am from Albania My age is 58 years I am family ,I want to go to Australia to live and work there you can help me? Thanks for better understanding

  3. Dilman   |  Sunday, 22 March 2015 at 9:36 am

    Hello i am Dilman from Nepal. i have completed Master in Civil Engineering From Nepal and i am 28 years old. I want to go to Australia to live and work there you can help me? Thanks for better understanding .i have mine relative also there .would you please help me for easier process.

    Thank you!

  4. Ranese   |  Friday, 26 June 2015 at 9:59 pm

    Hi just wanted to know procedure of applying for partnership visa. Time frame n. Fees also

  5. anwar hasan naghmash   |  Saturday, 01 August 2015 at 6:08 am

    Dear Sir, Madam
    I’m Anwar Hasan naghmash entered Turkey on 03/31/2013 I and my husband and my kids and we recorded the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the number our case is 14C01932 was our acceptance as refugees and then we recorded the organization and No. My in Australia is 2014073525 We here in Turkey, our situation is very difficult as we spent this period very scarcely where there are no financial assistance by the Turkish state and forbidden to work on refugees
    I ask you and beg you to help us and look at our dossier which was sent to you as we do not know our fate and we can not go back to his native country because of the killings, threats and displacement by militias and parties that dominate our regions and have told me that my sister as provide for us and everything we have to send all their information in formic
    And hopefully help us for our children who have become homeless and without a country and do not have future
    1. Anwar Hasan Nghmash Algrazawy 01/07/1987
    2. KASSAR Hussein Hameed 01/01/1985 SPOUSE
    3. HAMEED Ibtisam Hussein 13/01/2008 CHILD
    4. HAMEED Abdullah Hussein 11/06/2009 CHILD
    5. HAMEED Laila Hussein 12/08/2012 CHILD
    Warm Regard

  6. rankin   |  Saturday, 01 August 2015 at 10:41 pm

    You may want to contact the Australian Embassy in Turkey:-

  7. Ahmadullah   |  Tuesday, 22 December 2015 at 3:49 pm

    Iam ahmadullah , from afghanistan I have gratuated from high school. my age is 25 and I want to go Australia and live , work there you can help me. Thanks for better understanding.

  8. Muhammad Hidayat Aliah   |  Monday, 18 January 2016 at 3:01 pm

    Hello i am from Malaysia My age is 28 years I am family ,I want to go to Australia to live and work there you can help me? Thanks for better understanding.

  9. Saman   |  Wednesday, 12 October 2016 at 8:29 am

    Hi, I am one of the student under Student Visa (573). Soon i am going to apply for my post study visa (485). After that i am planning to get married. I just want to know whether my partner can come to Australia when i am in my post study visa. Please provide me with an answer.

  10. Mohan   |  Friday, 23 June 2017 at 12:51 pm

    Me and my entire family would like to m grate out from Malaysia and get a PR in Australia. for the betterment of our children future. MY wife is an Chartered accountant. I am an IT Professional. I’ve been working for 20 years as for now. I am age 39++. Born Nov 6 1977. I hope someone could assist me and my family to show us the right direction to attain a PR status.

    Yours Sincerely

Leave a Reply


Australia Job Search

Main Menu

Site Search

Migration Visa Additional Requirements

Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance ©


In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.

It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.

If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting or phoning 1300 22 62 72.

What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?

Unregistered people could:

  • be unaware of current legislation and procedures
  • provide incorrect advice
  • take advantage of clients
  • make false claims regarding your chance of success
  • be breaking the law by providing immigration assistance.

What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?

Registered migration agents are required to:

  • have a sound knowledge of migration law and practice
  • abide by a Code of Conduct
  • have appropriate insurance
  • pass character tests—including criminal history checks
  • be assessed before providing immigration assistance.

Reporting unregistered people

If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.

You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623

Australian Immigration Visas
Level 5 Toowong Towers
9 Sherwood Road
Toowong, Brisbane, Queensland
Phone/Text +61(0)413124717
Customer Rating :9 / 10
Based on
24 ratings

IRMAP - Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice ProfessionIRMAP - Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice Profession

Migration Agents Code of ConductMigration Agents Code of Conduct

Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS 2.1 Click here for the RSS feed from Australian Immigration Visas RSS feed from Australian Immigration Visas

© Copyright 2008-2017 Australian Immigration Visas. All rights reserved.