Business Visa Program
This visa allows business people to make a short business visit to Australia for up to three (3) months during your visa validity period. Business activities may include a conference, negotiation or exploratory business visit.
This visa is available to all passport holders who want to visit Australia for business purposes. No sponsorship is required.
Certain business visitors will also be eligible to apply for an Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or an eVisitor.
You may be required to pay a visa application charge. This charge is usually not refunded if your application is unsuccessful.
If you are granted this visa, you can:
- attend to business activities in Australia including conferences, business negotiations or exploratory business visits
- be allowed to engage in limited work, if for example it is highly specialised and non-ongoing
- enter Australia once or on multiple occasions during the visa validity period
- stay in Australia for up to three months from the date of each entry
- bring your spouse or dependent children to Australia
The main purpose of this visa is to allow you to conduct business in Australia.
Work is generally not allowed, however, you may be allowed to engage in limited work if for example it is highly specialised and non-ongoing (generally less than six (6) weeks).
You must not undertake work that can be done by an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
For more information about your work rights on this visa, you can contact an office of the department.
You can include family members in your visa application. Family members are your spouse and dependant children.
Extending your stay
You cannot extend this visa after you arrive in Australia. If you need to stay longer than three months for business reasons, you should consider other visa options.
Other visa options
You may want to apply for a Sponsored Business Visitor (Short Stay) visa (subclass 459) if your business visit to Australia is sponsored by:
- a member of an Australian parliament
- an authorised government agency representative
- a local government mayor
- an organisation specified by the Minister
If you are coming to Australia to work as a doctor, you should apply for a medical practitioner’s visa.
To be eligible for this visa your activities in Australia must not adversely affect the employment or training opportunities of Australians.
You must also meet the following eligibility requirements.
Personal attributes and business background
Your personal attributes and business background must be relevant to your business activities in Australia. You may be asked to provide:
- evidence of educational or professional qualifications
- evidence of current employment and your role during your visit to Australia
- details of previous contacts with Australian business people or organisations
- documentation to show that the company you work for is an actively operating business
Examples: business registration certificate, annual report
Purpose of visit
You may be asked to provide evidence of why you need to visit Australia on business. Evidence may include:
- a letter of invitation from the host organisation in Australia
- conference registration details
- your employment contract
- a letter from your employer stating the reasons for your visit
- your itinerary with contact details of the business parties involved
You must have enough funds to support yourself and your family during your stay in Australia. You may be asked to provide evidence, such as bank statements or a letter from your financial institution stating your financial position.
You must meet certain health requirements and may need to undergo a health examination. You must include the results of medical tests with your application.
You must meet character requirements.
Debts to the Commonwealth
You must have no outstanding debts to the Commonwealth of Australia
Business Visitor obligations
You must comply with the following obligations while in Australia on this visa.
With this visa:
- you are only allowed to stay in Australia for a maximum of three months on each arrival
- you must leave Australia before your visa expires
- you cannot apply to stay longer in Australia on a further visa of this type
- the dates of your visa validity period will be specified on the visa label and in the visa grant notification letter
- you can be granted single or multiple entries to Australia.
If you are granted this visa, you are not able to:
- work in Australia except in strictly limited circumstances, if for example the work is highly specialised and non ongoing
- undertake work in Australia that can be done by an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
Your visa may be granted with a further stay condition. If your visa is subject to this condition, you will not be able to apply for any other visa (except for a Protection visa) while you remain in Australia.
Before lodging an application, please read all related obligation requirements.
Family Member Obligations
Your family members must comply with the following requirements while in Australia on this visa.
With this visa your family members can accompany you to Australia and stay for the same period of time that is granted to you as the primary applicant. They must leave Australia before their visa expires. They cannot apply to stay longer in Australia on a further visa of this type.
With this visa your family members are not able to:
- work in Australia
- undertake formal study or training in Australia that leads to a primary, secondary or higher education qualification.
Note: If they intend to undertake non-formal study in a classroom environment for longer than four weeks they may be required to have a health examination before their course starts.
This visa may be granted with a No further stay condition. If this is the case, they will not be granted any other visa (except for a Protection visa) while they remain in Australia.
Leave a Reply
Australian Visa News
- Panel Beater- Inner West Sydney
- Australian Immigration Visas Health Insurance Information – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)
- New Australian Student Visas information – Student Visa Financial Capacity Requirements
- New Australian Student Visas information – Genuine Temporary Entrant
- New Australian Immigration Department Visa Fees 1st July 2016
Migration Visa Additional Requirements
Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance © immi.gov.au
In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.
It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.
If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting www.mara.com.au or phoning 1300 22 62 72.
What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?
Unregistered people could:
What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?
Registered migration agents are required to:
Reporting unregistered people
If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.
You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623
Based on 24 ratings