Applying for Migrant Visa


Australian student visa, spiring migrants may be sponsored by their family in Australia under Family Migration Visa
If you are planning to move to Australia and get a permanent residency, make sure that you apply for the right category for migrating to Australia.

The Australian government has been constantly changing rules and introducing retrospective changes that apply to applications that are already lodged. Before applying for a visa, check first the latest rules, regulations and criteria in visa application.

To be accepted as a migrant in Australia, the applicant must be at least 18 years of age, must be able to speak the English language, meet personal and occupational requirements of the category being applied for, and must be of good health and character.

Applicants whose age is already 50 years old and above do not need to speak in English, while persons aged 60 years and above are not required to understand the responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship.

Benefits of becoming an Australian permanent resident:

  • You will be able to live and remain in Australia indefinitely;
  • You will have the right to work and study in Australia without restrictions;
  • Once settled in Australia, they will qualify you for Medicare, which is the Australian national health insurance provider.
  • New Australian migrants will not be qualified for a full Australian social security benefits yet. This will only apply 2 years after migrating to Australia.
  • There are no waiting periods for family tax benefit, which can be provided to people with dependent children who already have a permanent visa or specified classes of temporary visa (including temporary protection visas, partner, spouse and interdependency visas).
  • Australian permanent residents are entitled for aged pension if a person has been a permanent resident in Australia for at least 10 years.
  • Australian permanent residents can claim disability support if the person is unable to work for at least 30 hours per week. This does not apply to persons with pre-existing disability.

Travel Rights

Study in Australia, aspiring migrants may be sponsored by their family in Australia under Family Migration Visa

Australian migrants will able to travel freely in and out of Australia within the 5 year period from the date your immigration application was granted. If you wish to leave and re-enter Australia after the 5 year period, you need to apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) and this will last for another 5 years.

If you lived in Australia for at least 2 of the 5 year period prior applying for Resident Return Visa, you’ll have a good chance of obtaining a new Resident Return Visa. Otherwise, you will need to show close ties with Australia and possibly, compelling and compassionate reasons for your absence from Australia to obtain a new Resident Return Visa.


  1. Hayatullah   |  Tuesday, 20 August 2013 at 5:53 am

    I would like to apply for migrant visa. Kindly let me know the procedure and process

  2. Mario   |  Wednesday, 13 November 2013 at 10:34 pm

    Hi, I’m Mario Kuzmanovic, I have 24 years old, living in Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegowina) and I interesting for migrant visa. I’m interested in the conditions which existed apart from the above mentioned and if I could I apply for a visa.

    Best regards

  3. Arsema Kibrom   |  Wednesday, 12 February 2014 at 2:04 pm

    I have a dream in building a great world by studying and learning but I do not think I can do that in my country because of the political problem in here,and that’s why I am asking for your help for me to learn in your country in great need.I appreciate your kindness.

  4. Nevrus Zhurka   |  Monday, 24 March 2014 at 9:09 am

    Hello i am from Albania i have completed vocational technical school. I want to go to Australia to work and live there can you help me? Thanks for better understanding.

  5. Admir   |  Tuesday, 15 September 2015 at 1:22 pm

    I am a 26-year old citizen of Bosnia and Herzegovina,living in Mostar and interested in moving to Australia with my girlfriend/partner who is a Croatian citizen,also living in Mostar-Bosnia and Herzegovina. As you may know,there is no understanding for mixed relationships/marriages,and no perspective for those who want to move on, do something with their lives,and overcome the war scars. We are planning to get married,but in circumstances prevailing in out country that would be equal to suicide,both financial and psychological. I have 2 years of working experience as a team leader,and had finished highschool. I study tourism and ecology,and my partner/girlfriend graduated on International university in Sarajevo(IUS). We find Australia perfect place for living,and want to know which vise app you recommend us to fill up. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Kind regards

  6. Reena Prajapati   |  Saturday, 28 May 2016 at 5:50 pm

    i am from Nepal . i have completed CMA ( certified medical Assistant) n 10+2 nI social.l. I want to go to Australia to work and live there can you help me? Thanks for better understandingI would like to apply for migrant visa. Kindly let me know the procedure and process

  7. Dimple Pereira   |  Tuesday, 27 December 2016 at 4:29 pm

    I would like to know what is the procedure for immigration to Australia. I am from Mumbai, India.

  8. Rabina G Rasaily   |  Tuesday, 03 January 2017 at 12:35 am

    I need to apply for pr to Australia from Nepal. What are the process to follow?looking for your prompt help. Thanks!

  9. hamid   |  Saturday, 04 March 2017 at 6:48 am

    I want to migrat to Australia free of cost

  10. Nishedh Joshi   |  Sunday, 06 August 2017 at 5:48 pm

    i am a 27 years from Nepal. I have completed my bachelors degree in IT. I have 3 years of work experience in IT sector as a programmer and i need to apply for PR Australia, can you help me to know the process for applying. Thanks in advance.

Leave a Reply


Australia Job Search

Main Menu

Site Search

Migration Visa Additional Requirements

Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance ©


In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.

It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.

If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting or phoning 1300 22 62 72.

What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?

Unregistered people could:

  • be unaware of current legislation and procedures
  • provide incorrect advice
  • take advantage of clients
  • make false claims regarding your chance of success
  • be breaking the law by providing immigration assistance.

What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?

Registered migration agents are required to:

  • have a sound knowledge of migration law and practice
  • abide by a Code of Conduct
  • have appropriate insurance
  • pass character tests—including criminal history checks
  • be assessed before providing immigration assistance.

Reporting unregistered people

If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.

You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623

Australian Immigration Visas
Level 5 Toowong Towers
9 Sherwood Road
Toowong, Brisbane, Queensland
Phone/Text +61(0)413124717
Customer Rating :9 / 10
Based on
24 ratings

IRMAP - Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice ProfessionIRMAP - Information on the Regulation of the Migration Advice Profession

Migration Agents Code of ConductMigration Agents Code of Conduct

Valid XHTML 1.0 Valid CSS 2.1 Click here for the RSS feed from Australian Immigration Visas RSS feed from Australian Immigration Visas

© Copyright 2008-2017 Australian Immigration Visas. All rights reserved.