Applying for Migrant Visa
If you are planning to move to Australia and get a permanent residency, make sure that you apply for the right category for migrating to Australia.
The Australian government has been constantly changing rules and introducing retrospective changes that apply to applications that are already lodged. Before applying for a visa, check first the latest rules, regulations and criteria in visa application.
To be accepted as a migrant in Australia, the applicant must be at least 18 years of age, must be able to speak the English language, meet personal and occupational requirements of the category being applied for, and must be of good health and character.
Applicants whose age is already 50 years old and above do not need to speak in English, while persons aged 60 years and above are not required to understand the responsibilities and privileges of Australian citizenship.
Benefits of becoming an Australian permanent resident:
- You will be able to live and remain in Australia indefinitely;
- You will have the right to work and study in Australia without restrictions;
- Once settled in Australia, they will qualify you for Medicare, which is the Australian national health insurance provider.
- New Australian migrants will not be qualified for a full Australian social security benefits yet. This will only apply 2 years after migrating to Australia.
- There are no waiting periods for family tax benefit, which can be provided to people with dependent children who already have a permanent visa or specified classes of temporary visa (including temporary protection visas, partner, spouse and interdependency visas).
- Australian permanent residents are entitled for aged pension if a person has been a permanent resident in Australia for at least 10 years.
- Australian permanent residents can claim disability support if the person is unable to work for at least 30 hours per week. This does not apply to persons with pre-existing disability.
Australian migrants will able to travel freely in and out of Australia within the 5 year period from the date your immigration application was granted. If you wish to leave and re-enter Australia after the 5 year period, you need to apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) and this will last for another 5 years.
If you lived in Australia for at least 2 of the 5 year period prior applying for Resident Return Visa, you’ll have a good chance of obtaining a new Resident Return Visa. Otherwise, you will need to show close ties with Australia and possibly, compelling and compassionate reasons for your absence from Australia to obtain a new Resident Return Visa.
Leave a Reply
Australian Visa News
- Panel Beater- Inner West Sydney
- Australian Immigration Visas Health Insurance Information – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)
- New Australian Student Visas information – Student Visa Financial Capacity Requirements
- New Australian Student Visas information – Genuine Temporary Entrant
- New Australian Immigration Department Visa Fees 1st July 2016
Migration Visa Additional Requirements
Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance © immi.gov.au
In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.
It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.
If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting www.mara.com.au or phoning 1300 22 62 72.
What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?
Unregistered people could:
What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?
Registered migration agents are required to:
Reporting unregistered people
If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.
You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623
Based on 24 ratings