Australia is a popular destination for migrants. Immigration becomes a big factor for population growth in Australia because of its growing opportunities.
What do migrants/immigrants need if they want to migrate to Australia?
Australian citizenship and immigration to Australia starts with an application for an Australian visa. There are several categories of Australian immigration which migrants can apply for to legally enter Australia.
Types of Australian Visa Programs:
- Work Visa
- Travel Visa
- Partner Visa
- Working Holiday Visa
- Student Visa
- Parent Visa
Migrating to Australia has to be evaluated by an immigration lawyer/agent, or the Immigration Officer at the Australian Embassy. Migrants need to apply directly at Australian High Commissions and choose what category of immigration they are qualified to apply for. Citizenship application process is easier and faster when all the necessary documents and information is complete.
Requirements for Applying for an Australian Visa:
Travel Documents Valid legal documents such as birth and marriage certificates can be presented in applying for a visa as evidence of identity and nationality. A passport is the most common and preferred travel document.
Health Requirements to be eligible for the immigration, migrants must meet certain health requirements by undergoing health examinations before a visa can be granted. Australian Immigration has the right to ensure that the migrants are in good and healthy condition.
Character Requirements an evaluation of character requirements which contains a test is needed to ensure that the applicant has an acceptable character. If the migrant doesn’t have any criminal record and is of good conduct, then they meet the visa character requirements and are able to enter Australia.
Australian Values Statement every migrant wishing to migrate to Australia are required to respect Australian values, traditions, language, freedom of religion, equality, and way of life. Applicants must follow these Australian values unconditionally.
Financial Requirements visa applicants planning to migrate to Australia must also meet the visa financial requirements. Migrants must have sufficient funds to be eligible for immigration. Financial requirements also apply to all visitor visas.
There are two programs designed to help migrants who want to live in Australia permanently, the Migration Program and the Humanitarian Program.
- The migration program includes: Skilled migration which has a number of options for people who have particular occupation skills, outstanding talents or business skills; Family migration is where migrants can be sponsored by a relative who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident; and Special Eligibility migration is for former Australian citizens or residents who wish to return to Australia permanently.
- The humanitarian program is for refugees and others with special humanitarian needs. A big part of the humanitarian program is the offshore resettlement program that assists people with humanitarian needs overseas and when resettlement in another country is their only option. The onshore protection is for the people who are already in Australia but their entry is on temporary visas or in an unauthorized manner and would like to claim Australia’s protection.
In the interest of consumer protection and to encourage competition, the following information shows the range of fees charged by the majority of registered migration agents. A PDF version of the agent fee data is also available.
While fees are not set, the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority provides details of the average range of fees charged by agents.
All registered migration agents provide the Office of the MARA with information on an annual basis on the average fees they charge for the services they provide.
The following table represents the range of fees charged by 70% of registered migration agents These fees include GST.
This table represents the range of fees charged by registered migration agents for the period 1 January to 31 December 2015. It gives you an idea of how much you might pay an agent to help with your visa.
Agent fee data – 1 January to 31 December 2015
|Temporary visa services|| Bridging visa
Graduate – Skilled
Other temporary resident
Temporary Work Skilled (457)
$150 – $700
|Permanent visa services|| Australian Declaratory visa
Employer Nomination Scheme
General Skilled Migration
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
$500 – $4,000
|Other|| New Zealand Special Category visa
$500 – $3,500
Note: These fees are in Australian dollars and include Goods and Services Tax (GST). These fees do not include visa application charges payable to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP).
Factors influencing fees
Fees charged for work performed can vary as a result of a number of factors.
Influences on lower fees may include:
- the inexperience of the registered migration agent concerned; the desire to enter a particular market
- the desire to assist in unusual circumstances
- the ease of that particular application
- the applicant having already partly completed the assignment
- the current marketplace fee levels
Influences on higher fees may include:
- the use of senior registered migration agent with many years experience
- the specific difficulties or complexities of a particular case
- the costs associated with running a larger business or practice
- the desire of the applicant for high personal levels of service
You should check with your migration agent whether there are additional charges that are not included in the quoted fees, for example; photocopying, phone calls and couriers.
(c)Migration Agents Registration Authority
Leave a Reply
Australian Visa News
- “‘They’re not flipping burgers’: Universities cry foul over axing of 457 visas”
- “HR, coders and manufacturing: The occupations most affected by 457 visa changes”
- Panel Beater- Inner West Sydney
- Australian Immigration Visas Health Insurance Information – Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) or Temporary Work (Skilled) Visa (Subclass 457)
- New Australian Student Visas information – Student Visa Financial Capacity Requirements
Migration Visa Additional Requirements
Important Information about Receiving Immigration Assistance © immi.gov.au
In Australia, only people registered as migration agents can give immigration assistance to people who want to enter or stay in Australia.
It is a criminal offence for an unregistered person to provide immigration assistance or to advertise migration services. Penalties include fines and imprisonment.
If you choose to use the services of a migration agent make sure they are registered by visiting www.mara.com.au or phoning 1300 22 62 72.
What are the dangers of using an unregistered person?
Unregistered people could:
What are the benefits of using a registered migration agent?
Registered migration agents are required to:
Reporting unregistered people
If you make a report about an unregistered person, this will not affect your visa application in any way. Any information will be treated in confidence.
You can make a report by phoning the department free of charge on 1800 009 623
Based on 24 ratings